My career began in the demanding legal community of Houston, Texas, where I developed a passion for representing clients with both state and federal criminal charges, and participated in some of the most publicized trials in the country. It was during this time that I started to truly understand what it takes to win in the courtroom: successfully representing clients is built on experience, preparation and communication.
The basis for success in the courtroom is communication: first with my client and then with the jury. Open and timely communication with a client builds trust, and that foundation is the first step in attacking the criminal charges against them. In both criminal defense and personal injury law, successful communication is about more than making a good speech. The justice system can prove to be equally as challenging for those facing criminal charges as for someone hurt in a crash. Both face an uncertain future, and both must depend on their attorney to navigate a complex and intimidating system. I act as an advocate for my clients in that system, working as an active partner on their behalf, preparing a plan for each individual that explains and represents their story. I am passionate about representing people that need help, and I excel at crafting a narrative that is beneficial to the client and making right what was wrong.
In order to tell a client’s story compellingly, there is no substitute for preparation. Preparing a criminal case is a tedious and time consuming process. Because a criminal charge is based upon presumed facts, it is necessary to properly attack presumptions with a hard-nosed, fact finding investigation of your own. The same holds true in personal injury law, where the individual at fault or their insurance company offers their own story. An attorney that does not put forth the effort to independently determine the facts of his case is putting his client’s defense in jeopardy. It is only with client trust and preparation that an attorney can even start the process of representing the interests of his client.
Through almost two decades of successfully representing clients in state and federal courtrooms across Texas, I have built a commanding level of litigation experience and trial skills that have earned the respect of my peers and the recognition of the East Texas legal community. As a partner at Findlay Craft, P.C., I am committed to the same principles that have guided me since my first days as an attorney: preparing myself to effectively and fiercely represent my client’s story to East Texas juries.
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS AND HONORS
- Texas Rising Star, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2015–Tab was recently named a Texas Rising Star for 2015. This is the second honor from Texas Monthly and back to back Rising Star awards since 2014., Texas Rising Star, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2015
- Perfect AVVO Rating 10 out of 10, AVVO 2017
- Top Lawyers In Texas, The Legal Network, 2016
- Texas Best Lawyers, National Law Journal, 2014
- 10 Best Attorneys–Texas, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2017
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers–2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 10 Best Attorneys–Criminal Defense, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyers Under 40–North Texas Region, NAPIL, 2014
- Baylor University – Bachelor of Business Administration
- South Texas College of Law – Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Criminal Defense (50%),
- Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff (30%),
- Civil Litigation: Plaintiff (20%)